When you already settle the things with your buyer on your house or emptied it to move, you will have to make secure you have completed everything you are supposed to accomplish from the agreement of terms down to the good seller etiquette. Also, there are assertive things that every competent seller should do, and you can make sure you obtain them all if you make a home-selling list.
Remember that your closing list is a manual for your actions after all your belongings and furniture have been removed from your house. If ever you may already move-out, you are not always entitled by law to empty the property as soon as possible upon closing.
THINGS TO REMEMBER BEFORE A HOME CLOSING AT SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA:
- YOU MUST SECURE YOUR DOCUMENTS; Restrain all your seller disclosures together with the purchase contract and the closing statement. Superbly, your escrow officer or your closing agent will give you a complete package containing all these things at closing. Sometimes these documents tend to scatter. Just make sure that you keep in place, as you might be needing them again in case something happens.
- YOU SHOULD CLEAN THE HOUSE; Remember that first impression lasts if you don’t have the time to clean your home before totally living it, try to hire a professional cleaning service to do that. This your bonus points also to your buyer, you are just giving an impression to your buyer that you take care of the house for a long time. It is not painful to make your last shot on the buyer a good one.
- CHECK ALL VALVES AND CLOSE IT AND TURN OFF ALL SWITCHES; Don’t forget to turn-off and shut-off all the valves at your home like the valves in your sinks, toilets, kitchen, dishwashers, the water heater, the washing machine, and the refrigerator. Leave a reminder note to your buyer so they won’t call a plumber. Also, turn off all the switches for lights and fans.
- YOU SHOULD CANCEL ALL YOUR INSURANCE POLICIES; Wait until you have a go-signal with the deed has already recorded or the title transfer has formally taken place, to call your insurance agent. You should receive a refund of any prepaid premiums for your homeowner’s insurance.
- MAKE SURE THAT YOU DON’T LEAVE ANYTHING BEHIND; Check all the cabinets, storages, and drawers for any forgotten things. Thoroughly check even if you already check it a lot of times. Search for everything you might overlook.
- LASTLY, CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS; Don’t fail to let everyone know where you’ve gone. Present a change-of-address form to the post office but remember that not all mail can be forwarded. Just make sure that you have your new address with you.